Top Fin&reg Aqua Scene 1 Gallon Desktop Aquarium Starter Kit

Top Fin&reg Aqua Scene 1 Gallon Desktop Aquarium Starter KitHave enjoyed this tank for several months. Originally used for 6 roudy fathead rosy minnows that were too energetic for my fancy guppies and tetras. Later tried this for 3 dwarf frogs alone. For the last few months have been using is as my nursery for newborn mollies and platys that I brought in from my outdoor patio pond. My routine is every 10-14 days to completely replace with aged water treated with a few drops of prime and some kosher salt. I've found the salt helps keep disease at bay in all my tanks. I do keep two small terra cotta pots with live plants in there. Even the plants thrive with regular growth that I need to trim back every few weeks. Since converting this to my nursery, I've found that I could keep dozens of babies (30-40 at at time) healthy and routinely put the faster growers back in my pond. I've had to replace the 7 watt bulb once in nearly a year (standard nightlight is all you need). Feeding is easier and less messy if I crumble the flakes in a folded business card and use it as a chute to drop the food in through the opening. This helps prevent flakes from sticking to the side of the opening when dropping in directly. Wish all my tanks were this easy to maintain. Couple of images uploaded. The ones with all the babies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment