I took a chance and ordered two of these for a 75 gallon planted tank. When I set them up and switched just one on I was really impressed with the brightness of the T-5's and how well lit my tank was. I was not familiar with this company but after a little research I decided on giving them a try. It's great for the price and if they stand the test of time for how long they should last I will be thrilled. My plants definitely benefited after just the first day and getting bulbs with it was really appreciated. They say the T-5's have a two year lifespan so this is good route to go with saving on cost and electricity.This is a bargain for this fixture. It fits my 55 gallon tank perfect and to have the T5 bulbs included is a real bonus. The shipping was only 2 days ...amazing. I would recommend this product.Buy Odyssea 48" T5 HO Aquarium Light Dual Fluorescent Hood Fixture - Plant 2x54W Now
Comparing with other lights in this category this one is the best price. Not sure about quality because I did not get to use it. Unfortunately due to extremely poor packaging and mishandling during shipping I received this light with bulbs broken into small pieces. I contacted seller, Tech n toy, to discount this beaten up fixture with intentions to buy bulbs locally. Seller offered me to mail bulbs separately but ignored the discounting part. I had no reason to mess with broken glass without getting any extra benefit. I wanted to exchange but they were out of stock. I ended up returning at sellers cost. I guess, seller was not able to calculate that by taking it back they lost almost $15-$20 in shipping which they could have discounted to keep me as a happy customer. Also, similar fixtures for saltwater and fresh water from this seller are same except bulbs. Seller could have replaced fixture from other units and send bulbs separately, I assume, they can not think this far or that was lot of work for them. I ended up rigging 48" T8 2 bulb fixture from Lowe's with 6500K daylight bulbs, it is working fine with my live plants. Conclusion: I did not get to use this fixture and after my invention of substitute light I do not need to buy this light anymore. Hope seller will read this review and take my comments as advice for future customers.
0 comments:
Post a Comment