YML Aquarium Net Breeder, Medium

YML Aquarium Net Breeder, MediumI love the the size and every thing seems to fit well enough. Although there were no instruction and nothing to go by. So I had to go on the internet to see what it should look like also one of the suction cups were broken. I mght by another one if it holds up.

Update: my original 4 stars is now 2 because it does not hold any fry which it was bought for and the suction cups do not work in the end I had to throw it away.

This guppy breeding net was horrible. It was way to big for my tank, it was a flimsy little piece of junk, and it sucked. It didn't even come with insructions of how to put it together! The frame was flimsy, and broke very easily. The pegs that hold it together were wierd shaped and didn't fit in the holes very well. The actual net was pretty much just a hairnet. The only thing it actually did was keep the bigger fish away from the guppy. I would NOT reccomend this product.

Buy YML Aquarium Net Breeder, Medium Now

At first glance, the product looks pretty neat. Some may say that its size is too small, but 10.3 inches is 10.3 inches. So no cribs on that. However, the net is of extremely poor quality and had started ripping off the bottom seams when I received it. In case you want to use this breeder net, I recommend that you glue the bottom seams (with silicon sealant)to the plastic base after you slip the net on. The other problem is with the suction cups. They fit loosely into the slots provided. It is better to apply some silicon glue to the suction cup slots once you have placed the suction cups. So in case you still decide to purchase this product, make sure that you do have some silicon glue on hand.

Read Best Reviews of YML Aquarium Net Breeder, Medium Here

This is a descent size breeder net. I Have African Cichlids up to 5" long and these nets work well.

There are a few little things that could be better, but I was able to rig it up easily enough.

The suction cups that hold it up are facing up, so the net needs to be hung from the tank lid.

Not very practical, so I had to hot glue different cups that would hold the net to the side of the tank instead.

Now they work perfect, they hold the Momma fish until the she spits her fry, then it lets the fry grow in safety.

I've tried others and they were either to small or nothing would keep them near the surface of the tank. So for

the money and a minor adjustment this will do the job.

Want YML Aquarium Net Breeder, Medium Discount?

This net is a lot bigger than I thought it was, however it fits nicely inside my 20 gallon tank and I can see the rest of the tank plus the babies within the netting. The only downfall I have with this set up is that it collects dirt and debris from the tank and gets stuck in the netting and is nearly impossible to get out and clean it back to the orgional state, and the suction cups have a tendency to get worn and not hold anymore after a while. It does work for its purpose however, as I have managed to successfully raise 17 different batches of Guppy babies in it thus far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment