Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium

Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium, 36 to 48-InchThe only thing missing from these lights is being able to set the lights to change a certain times of the day. For example if you could set them to sunrise in the morning and dawn, and changing to night time with as night falls in my time zone. Other than that my fish seem to love the lighting effects.

I just got this fixture fkr my 100 gallon 60 inch long X 20 deep tank. I was a little worried that this light would not be enough for my tank since the fixture is only 48 inches long. Fortunately it is just right! I currently have the light sitting directly on top of the tank and it lights up the whole tank just fine (no dark sides).

The light is surprisingly thin and not very wide either. Much smaller than the compact fluorescent it replaced.

The extension arms a a little flimsy when fully extended an do not keep the light from touching the top of the tank, so I have the arms extended about halfway. Eventually I will put this in a canopy.

Despite being LED the fixture does get warm, but not nearly as hot as my compact fluorescent which required a fan.

The best feature is the different lighting schemes you can use via the wireless remote. Moat of the color changing effects are nice and subtle, and I am currently using the "cloud cover" mode which simulates a partially cloudy day. The lighting mode is cool, but I can't imagine using it too often.

About the only thing missing would be a timer or some programmable features that would automatically take the light from sun rise to full sun to sunset and to night. It would be the perfect light then.

As far as growing plant, I don't have much experience with that, but would guess that it's not bright enough for my particular setup, but wouls probably work for a shallower tank, maybe 16 inches or so?

Bottom line, for this price point and functionality, I think this is the best LED fixture on the market right now.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! If you found this review helpful please click the button below ;-)

Buy Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment