Fish Mate 1000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter

Fish Mate 1000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond FilterI installed this filter in my 800 gallon pond and my water literally went from pea soup to crystal clear in 7 days! I was amazed at how clear it got the water. Super easy to install and hide so its not visible when looking at the pond. I would definitely recommend this for an inexpensive way to keep clear water. The only thing is they should mention you NEED TO BUY A PUMP as well. Fortunately I read that on someone elses review and purchased one with it, but would have been pissed if I found out and then had to wait another week for my pump to arrive. Overall, great product, would highly recommend.

I purchased two Fish Mate 1000 P (non UV) filters in 2006 for our two backyard 250 gallon koi ponds and they have been barely adequate. I also purchased two Pondlife Turbo-Twist 9 Watt Pond UV Clarifiers for controlling nuisance green algae. I also use a Danner Pondmaster PM1000 pre-filter on each pond and Danner Pondmaster Model 7 700 gph pump on each pond.

The molded plastic ports are thinly cast and prone to distortion from required hose clamps which eventually causes associated weakening and breakage. I contacted the manufacturer, Ani Mate, to obtain a new top cover and I was informed that the non-UV model is no longer supported and no replacement lid is available. I then ordered a Becket 7109810 750-Gallon Pressure Filter from amazon and to my surprise it readily rendered the afflicted pond to crystal clear clarity within two days!

It appears that perhaps Beckett's selection and use of 'Bio Balls' is superior to that of Pet Mate's use of volcanic lava-like rocks as a biological support medium. Regardless, I'm now definitely pleased.

Buy Fish Mate 1000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Now

This unit did not control the alge buildup. I don,t know if the inside filters were inadequate or if the UV bulb needed to be stronger.

Read Best Reviews of Fish Mate 1000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Here

We have had this product before and when it finally wore out we tryed another method to keep our pond clean. This year I'm starting the season with my favorite filter.

Want Fish Mate 1000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Discount?

I have a three year, 300 gallon stock tank pond. It's never had filtration of any kind. It has been pea soup for three summers. It gets full west texas sun, and is moderately stocked. The filter has cleared visibility to the bottom in 4 days. I'm totally impressed. No buyers remorse. When this one quits, I'll probably order another.

Save 48% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment