LEDwholesalers High Power WHITE + BLUE LED Aquarium Reef corals grow light. 2512W+B

LEDwholesalers High Power WHITE + BLUE LED Aquarium Reef corals grow light. 2512W+BI have a 400 gallon tank. I replaced 4x400 HQI halides.Originaly I went with 4 of these lights, I now have five and may go to six. You have to place them within 4" of the waters surface and this limits thier spread. I have acros and they are doing well. As the other reviewer said they are not as intense as halides on a fixture for fixture basis however, using more fixtures gets you the same effect.

Taking into consideration the cost of a traditional halide fixture and bulb are about the same as these fixtures, the savings in electricity and maintinance on the fixtures themselves, LED is far and away a superior light to metal halide in almost every way.

I went from 1.6 killowats per hour 10 hours a day to 600 watts 10 hours a day. While that is less than half the watts, that is not where the real savings is. The real savings is in the heat, or rather how cool these lights run.

If you ever have had halides you know how hot they are.Between my chiller the A/C and running fewer watts my power bill has gone down $450.00 per month. I still need my chiller but is only runs 15 minutes an hour instead of 45 minutes an hour and keeps my tank at 77. I live in south FLA its hot all the time.

Additionally I was spending $500-600 a year keeping the system running,not including electriciy, bulbs and ballasts anually.

I have heard of people having problems with these lights and that led wholesalers is not really helpful however I have never had a failure with these. I bought mine on ebay from the same vendor for $315 including shipping.

Nice Light not as intense as the seller claims, about equal to 250 watt metal halide until you get about 8 inches below the water surface, no where near the output of a 400 watt metal halide.

Buy LEDwholesalers High Power WHITE + BLUE LED Aquarium Reef corals grow light. 2512W+B Now

I've been using two of these on my 150 gallon reef setup. They throw quite a bit of light and my corals are maintaining pretty good. 1 more light would probably be needed for good growth. The one thing I wish these had were the reflectors that gave the water a shimmering effect like the metal halides that i replaced.

Read Best Reviews of LEDwholesalers High Power WHITE + BLUE LED Aquarium Reef corals grow light. 2512W+B Here

I recently bought the smaller version of this light. There is no difference in this light and the one I bought other then the size

My Review is below:

This light is Dangerous & Poorly Made.

I was so excited to get 2 of these lights for my saltwater reef tank. I spent the extra money to have them overnighted.

They came today. I opened the first box and I plugged it, after a moment the fans came on and the LEDs came on. I unplugged it and set it aside

You can imagine my disappointment when I plugged in the second one and it did not work. There is no on off switch so the way you turn it on and off is you plug or unplug it.

When it did not come on after a minute, I unplugged it and plugged it back in. This time when I plugged it back in I got a shock!

When both units were unplugged I looked at them closely. Looking through the vents I noticed wires hanging down. These lights come with 3 prong plug (the third is the ground), but with close inspection you can clearly see inside the ground wire is sniped and attached to nothing.

After comparing the 2 units you can see they are put together with entirely different internal parts. The internal parts of these lights look they were cobbled together from spare parts you would find in your junk drawer.

The defective unit literally has a wall plug glued to the inside top of the unit, with a wires soldered to each prong and electrical tape wrapped around the prongs. INSIDE THE UNIT!?!?

There should be negative stars for product like this.

Avoid this unit i at all costs!

I would suggest that anyone who has one of these units, unplug it and stop using it.

Want LEDwholesalers High Power WHITE + BLUE LED Aquarium Reef corals grow light. 2512W+B Discount?

I used this light for my 45 gallon bowfront reef tank for 5 months, replacing a 175w metal halide. My corals grew very well with this light and everyone in the tank seemed happy. The color is too stark for my taste compared with either metal halide (10k) or florescent lights, both of which give a more rich tone and coloration to my eye. Also this unit has very loud fans, louder than my hang-on-back skimmer. Electricity savings and less heat are positives.

Pro:

Energy efficient.

Less heating (save on chilling).

Good coral growth.

Inexpensive compared to competitors.

Con:

Color is too narrow/stark for my taste, washes out corals and fish.

Noisy fans.

Not made to be easily mounted other than by the hanging cables.

Lose shimmer effect relative to MH lights.

Bottom line: When I upgraded my tank to a 75g with overflow, I was thinking of buying a second one of these. I directly compared this LED light to the MH and florescent lights that came with the tank, and I just couldn't bring myself to use this LED fixture anymore. I'm selling it.

Save 36% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment