Tetra AlgaeControl

Tetra 77184 Algae Control, 3.38-Ounce, 100-mlBefore this I tried everything they recommend. No matter what I tried frequent to daily water changes, low-to-no light, remove plants, less food nothing worked. From the front of the 10 gallon tank it was impossible to see the plants and ceramics a third of the way back. I haven't been able to find the algae eater in weeks.

As a last resort, I bought this. The directions indicate 1ml for every 12 gallons. By that reckoning, this is well more than hundred doses for a 10 gallon tank. I don't have anything that can measure 1ml, so I gave it one good squirt and walked away.

It's probably worth noting that the directions also say to take your activated-charcoal filter out. Presumably that's because it will neutralize the stuff. Since I couldn't measure properly and didn't want to poison my fish, I didn't take mine out.

It's crystal-clear in there now. I mean GORGEOUS.

Still no sign of the algae eater... odd.

Boy, was I surprised to read the horror stories in the other reviews. So far, my fish look happy and my plants haven't died. If that changes, I'll come back and say so. Till then, I've got to say it's amazing.

EDIT: Just read one of the other reviews a little more carefully. She said she used three capfuls in her tank.

This bottle is intended to treat 1,200 gallons. Three capfuls is roughly a third of the bottle. Unless her tank is larger than 400 gallons, it's no wonder the fish are dying.

I bought this product many months ago for my 46 gallon tank, where I have an increasing problem with hair algae. I hesitated to use it, partly because of all of the warnings against using chemicals found in all the sites that have to do with aquarium care. But even after doing things such as changing to under gravel fertilizers, upping the frequency of my water changes and adding a carbon dioxide injector to my planted tank, the situation has only gotten worse. So before I tried this treatment, I looked for all of the reviews I could find on the web. As you know, if you're reading this, there aren't many. The ones that were overly glowing I almost immediately dismissed, since I couldn't be sure if they weren't put there by the manufacturer. The overly negative ones, claiming 98% kill of fish, left me afraid to try the stuff. Anyway, last night, I bit the bullet and dosed my tank according to manufacturer's directions.

This morning, about 15 hours after I dosed the tank, all of my fish are alive and well. My plants, on which I have spent a considerable sum of money, appear unchanged. Unfortunately, so does the hair algae! In going back over the reviews, I noticed that those who wrote glowing reviews had green water problems, they weren't dealing with hair algae. Unlike them, I did not awake this morning to find my tank magically rid of hair algae. Nor did I find a plethora of dead snails, which I would have found very welcome.

Will I try this product again? It's a question at the moment. While it doesn't seem to do any harm, I can't be sure if it actually does any good. At least, not when one is dealing with a problem with hair algae. Does it need more time? Do I need to repeat the application? These are questions to which I have no answer at the moment. However, given the scarcity of reviews on this product, I thought I should put my own two cents in.

By the way, for those who don't have the ability to measure milliliters, the directions also tell you that you can use one drop per gallon. I counted drops into a measuring device that I have that gives me milliliters, and the drop system is accurate.

Buy Tetra AlgaeControl Now

Works good! It keeps the green at bay in our tank. Hasn't harmed any fish. My ornaments are clean. What else is there to say about this product? It does what it in intended to do.

Read Best Reviews of Tetra AlgaeControl Here

I added 10 drops to my 46 gallon tank and within hours all my fish started to die. By the next morning 12 of 15 cichlids had died.

Want Tetra AlgaeControl Discount?

Honestly I am a little lazy in writing reviews.. But am writing for this product as it killed all my three gold fishes which I had for 3 years..

Added the required amount in evening and the fishes were dead by morning..

Save 44% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment