Hydor Performer Skimmer In Sump/Out of Sump for Aquariums, 100-150 Gal Range

Hydor Performer 705 Recirculating Skimmer - Universal Installation, in sump or out of sump - For Aquariums 200-300 galI just received the skimmer yesterday so I can't comment on it's performance, but it looks like a good unit.

The comment I will make is that it doesn't come with a water pump. I spent about 1/2 hour looking at the documentation online before I purchased trying to determine what else I need. I would have liked to have it indicated that a pump was not included. Frustrating to have to re-order parts later.

I believe that this has the potential to be a great skimmer, however, I'm not sure I will ever know. I have a problem with the skimmer maintaining a consistent water level in the tank, going back and forth every minute or so between staying where it should be and them dropping 5 inches before returning. So the problem is that the water level doesn't stay high enough to skim on a consistent basis. I'm guessing that it's not a big deal to fix, but the Hydor web site (nice looking but no useful content) has no info in it's forums, and a call to the USA phone number was met with a message to not call them, but to submit a message through the web site, which I have done and am waiting foe someone to call that hopefully I can explain the problem to and get some ideas. I wanted this type of skimmer because it did not have to be placed at a certain height, and didn't have to be in the sump. (I have the 3005 model). What little time is skims successfully, it is awesome, but that's not very often. If I manage to solve the issue I believe it will be great, but with no access to customer service I don't know what to try next.

Buy Hydor Performer Skimmer In Sump/Out of Sump for Aquariums, 100-150 Gal Range Now

Initially I had purchased a Performer 2005 and received it broken. Apparently it took a hard hit somewhere in the shipping process to Amazon and the whole body was shattered and in pieces. Called Amazon and they were wonderful (as usual, that is why I am a Prime Member and try to ONLY buy through Prime). They immediately sent out the 3005 because they had no more 2005's in stock and I needed a skimmer for my 450 gallon tank. Got the 3005 and the top of the collection cup was cracked all the way through around where the cap attached to the circular underside. OK, that was not a deal breaker since the skimmer could function with the cap cracked. Set up the unit and waited for the break in period which is usually no longer than a week. Called Hydor and they told me that it could take up to 10 days. By the 10th day it was still doing nothing. Called Hydor again and they told me to take the sponge out of the Seltz pump which was running it. Well then it decided to overflow all over the place...I had 5 gallons of water all over the room, so I called them again and they said it should not do that, then they decided that there must have been an error in lining up the outlet valve so the markings on the unit did not correspond with the amount of water it was letting out. Then it decided to go from nothing to overflowing Again and dumped out another 5 gallons on the floor. At that point I had had enough and called Amazon who cheerfully issued the call tag and is issuing a full refund.

Read Best Reviews of Hydor Performer Skimmer In Sump/Out of Sump for Aquariums, 100-150 Gal Range Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment