Jellyfish Art Desktop Jellyfish Tank, 3-Pack

Jellyfish Art Desktop Jellyfish Tank, 3-PackI was so excited to buy this tank and raise jellyfish with my special education class. The tank itself is cute, but the 3 semi-dead jellies that arrived 8 hours later than promised, in a box labeled "perishable", but with NO indication that there were living things inside, was heartbreaking. The living rock was a joke, the substrate MUCH too big, and tank levels were IMPOSSIBLE to stabilize regardless of how many water changes. This was the biggest waste of money I've ever spent! I only gave it 1 star because it would't allow me to post with none checked.

"

So I've had aquariums for around 30 years, I grew up raising and caring for fish, i've dealt with desktop tanks and tanks that were 200 gallons. I have a few exotic reptiles as pets, and I've managed to keep cats and dogs alive for year and years with no problem. I feel that I'm a pretty experienced pet owner.

this tank is cheaply made, like suuuuuuper cheaply made. I spoke to someone who designs fishtanks and they said it was about the lowest grade acrylic you can use, though whether this is true or not is up for debate I suppose...though using an acrylic specific brush on the tank (and using it lightly) managed to do irreparable cosmetic damage. it looked like i'd taken a rake to the side of the tank.

the "live rock" is not live rock, it's glass or some other substance with divots in it that will eventually supposedly harbor bacteria, but it's not actual live rock, and the bacteria that gets fostered in there is NOT the stuff you want in your tank (i had a friend do lab tests on the water from another JFA tank as they are a biochemist so we went a couple steps beyond a traditional water testing kit and the water was not healthy since it ends up full of waste products from the jellies, and the snails and crabs you are encouraged to buy that are actually even MORE detrimental to the jellyfish).

the jellyfish i got were quite small and seemingly unhealthy. they died or shrank quickly, if they were not sucked into the aeration tube and shredded to death (this is in fact a very VERY common complaint) watching them die was heartbreaking and after multiple attempts (since i assumed the first time might have been the result of user error). in addition, the first set of crabs/snails i got were completely crushed before they even got to my house.

customer service was not helpful as their only suggestion was to change the water, something I did religiously until after my 4th go I threw out the tank as I could not bear to kill any more animals.

All said and done I probably spent close to a thousand dollars trying to modify the tank so that it could sustain life, and it could not, and can not.

Jellyfish are -veryhard to keep in captivity, especially in a tank that has no real filtration system...even moreso when you're dealing with a very small tank as the smaller the tank, the more volatile the environment.

I think the LED is very pretty, the design of the tank is decent, but this is something that should only be purchased by experienced aquarium owners, and even then with the caveat that this will be a LOT of work.

Since the system lacks a filter, water changes are something you'll have to do 1 or 2 times at week AT LEAST, since jellyfish are 97% water and are extremely sensitive to their environment. the aeration

Buy Jellyfish Art Desktop Jellyfish Tank, 3-Pack Now

We are former JFA customers. We made three attempts at keeping jellies. They all shrunk and JFA consistently gave two answers when we contacted them do a 20% water change and feed more. The third, and final time we had JFA jellies they shrunk again. Only when I became utterly exasperated with their 'water change/feed more' answer did they suggest regularly adding a few drops of Phytofeast and/or live food. Now I think they're telling customers all the time to feed live food had they simply acknowledged this at the onset (instead of pushing their frozen food and reassuring customers this was the only food required) I would never have purchased jellies since I wasn't interested in starting a brine shrimp hatchery in my house. Nevertheless, because I already had them and they were dying/shrinking with JFA frozen food I had to start hatching brine shrimp. Finally, with live food one jelly grew large and normal looking. But, this was only after it had mated with another jelly which resulted in orange polyps covering every surface of the tank. (I asked about the possibility of mating before I bought them and was assured this couldn't happen. Also, polyps reproduce independently, so when these show up there's no way of getting rid of them unless the tank is completely broken down, cleaned out, and re-started.) At this point, we overlooked the orange mess because we were happy that after all our effort at least one was surviving. According to JFA it's ok to leave jellies alone for a weekend, if needed. We did that and came home to find this beautiful jelly in shreds from the bubble tube. After so much time, effort, expense, and frustration with poor customer service we decided we'd had enough and took down the tank.

Read Best Reviews of Jellyfish Art Desktop Jellyfish Tank, 3-Pack Here

I was full heartedly going to buy this product and then I went on yelp and read the horrifying reviews and what they are saying is totally true... You need more than simple mechanics for this product to work which is not offered ... Your better off spending the $1000 yes 1k on a moderate salt water tank and getting healthy fish than dealing with a company like that. I'm a experienced not pro salt water enthusiast and it breaks my heart to hear how people are getting ripped off... Your choice please do research for 15mins than spending $100's on a disappointment

Want Jellyfish Art Desktop Jellyfish Tank, 3-Pack Discount?

gift for my 17yo daughter. I am amazed at how well it works. It has been up and running for over a month and looks as good as the day it came.

Save 10% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment