Mardel 5-in-1 Test Strips (Freshwater/Saltwater)

Mardel 5-in-1 Test Strips, 25-CountI love keeping fish but I am lazy. The constant test tube tests drive me crazy and my local fish stores say that it is the only way to go. Going against their advice, I've been using these strips exlusively for more than a year and they have been fast, easy and seemingly accurate, since my aquarium has been extremely stable. Initially, I would compare the PH readings with the test tube, and these strips readings were consistent.

I recommend these!

These strips are easy to use, except for the pH test. There isn't much difference between the oranges on the comparison chart for the pH and the pH strip color doesn't match anything on the bottle. I've been using a liquid pH test that seems to be more accurate (or at least easier to read).

Make sure to wait the full minute for the Nitrate test becuase the color takes a while to develop.

Buy Mardel 5-in-1 Test Strips (Freshwater/Saltwater) Now

These strips are easy to use, but I didn't notice that they only have a limited shelf life and the following season they were inaccurate. I checked and they'd expired. The 100 count is probably more than you'll use in one year. But it you're aware of this they do save a lot of time. But the price is high for one season of testing.

Read Best Reviews of Mardel 5-in-1 Test Strips (Freshwater/Saltwater) Here

The strips were a terrible buy. I thought they were working in the beginning, but every time I used a strip it never changed. The alkalinity portion of the strip would change to a color that wasn't listed on the bottle.

These strips scream efficiency, but I would suggest just getting the tube tests.

Want Mardel 5-in-1 Test Strips (Freshwater/Saltwater) Discount?

I have four established fish tanks. I use these strips weekly to make sure my tanks are not having any issues. I've been using these strips for 5 years and work well. Note that they have limited shelf life of about a year. Check the bottom of the container for expiration date. You can tell when they age because the pink test colors are faded. I was surprised to see other reviewers complain that these strips failed to change color. You can test these strips with household products. I also have test tube based kits but these strips have always agreed with the results. I have freshwater tropical fish of the more common variety and they aren't extremely fussy about the pH range or water hardness: cory cats, tetras, loaches, green spotted puffers, guppies, barbs, chocolate gouramis. If you have fish that require very exact water conditions, perhaps strips may not be for you. I find them to be an excellent product and because it's so quick and easy, I actually do test my water weekly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment