Carib Sea ACS00110 Crushed Coral for Aquarium, 10-Pound

Carib Sea ACS00110 Crushed Coral for Aquarium, 10-PoundI was having PH crash problems in my fish tank when we moved to a town with a different tap water supply...for some reason I couldn't get my goldfish water to maintain a PH above 6.4!!! My poor babies :( I tried every chemical known to man, and it's a miracle my fish survived. I finally found a website online that suggested coral as a PH buffer. I put about 1/4 c in a hanging mesh bag into the water and keep it there 24/7...and now the PH is 7.4. I have a 14.5 gallon tank. I heard that mixing the coral straight into the substrate causes nitrate issues down the road when it breaks down, which is why I keep it in a bag. I can't support whether that is true, but my method has worked just fine so far, and I've replaced it once in the last year. I highly suggest trying this if you have the same issue like me!

Save 50% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment