Lee's Ultra GravelVac, Self-Start with Nozzle & Hose Clip - 5" Mini

Lee's Ultra GravelVac, Self-Start with Nozzle & Hose Clip - 5' MiniI have 2 aquariums, one is 10 gallon and the other is 2 gallon. This works on both. I put it in the water and shake it gently a few times and the water goes up the tube no problem. Does a great job of cleaning out the gravel. No need to remove the fish, either. They just swam around while I worked. I even recommended it to my sister. I love it.

It's a siphon. If you want to siphon out water and clean the gunk out of your substrate, this is the tool to use. I use it on a ten gallon, and I like that it is simple and that it has a clip to keep it attached to the bucket. It's a less sloppy way of doing weekly water changes. Bad reviews on this guy seem to be user error.

Make sure you follow the rules of physics and that you keep an eye on the bucket, because when the siphon starts, the water flows quickly. When you are siphoning the gravel, push the rim of the cylinder straight down to the bottom of the tank like a cookie cutter. Don't move it side to side or you will disturb the sediment and make your tank temporarily cloudy and raise up toxic junk from the substrate.

Buy Lee's Ultra GravelVac, Self-Start with Nozzle & Hose Clip - 5" Mini Now

For it to be a 5" mini, you need to take the vaccuum part off which negates the lower water flow needed to clean a smaller nano tank. In the more detailed description it says it is 2.1"x6.5"x15.5." In real life, the end of the vacuum end is 3.5" across, not 2.1" and it stands 7" tall. Since it needs to be fully submerged to work, it will not work in my low-water level aquarium. Also, 3.5" across seemed a bit wide to manuever around all my plants well. Do not know how long the hose is since I did not open it. Seller gave quick and full refund incl. leaving a voice mail to let me know. Delivery was extremely fast. However, if I had known its true dimensions, I would have known it would not work for me and would not have ordered it in the beginning.

Read Best Reviews of Lee's Ultra GravelVac, Self-Start with Nozzle & Hose Clip - 5" Mini Here

I purchased this product to clean the gravel in my aquariums (I have 2 10 gal tanks). Even though it appears to be based on the simple practice of syphoning-it is very difficult to get the syphon to work. I tried several different methods (including the one on the package) and couldn't get it going. Instead I had a huge mess on my hands with water everywhere.

There are more complicated and higher priced syphons available. Perhaps one of these will work better. This one just doesn't work.

Want Lee's Ultra GravelVac, Self-Start with Nozzle & Hose Clip - 5" Mini Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment