Malaysian Driftwood, Large

Malaysian Driftwood, LargeThe driftwood is large. Like others who have bought this item, the piece that I received was more beautiful than the one that is pictured. It is a new piece which will leak Tannis into the the water causing the water to turn a brownish color. Some people do not like this, however, it is a natural process and in many cases helps your fish, depending on where they come from. Some fish require a "Black Water" effect which Tannis does provide. It does cause the water to become a little acidic. Mostly, it depends on if your tank was balanced or not. (A truly balanced tank should be at a neutral pH due to acidic and alkaline processes balancing each other out. Example: Nitrification by bacteria causes the water lower in pH; while photosynthesis from plants and algae causes an increase in pH.)

Because it is a new piece of driftwood, you may experience a period in which matter begins to decompose and fungus will grow. Fungus is one of nature's cleaners. It may be unsightly for a little while. Again, this is a natural process that will take care of itself in time. If you don't like the fungus at all, get tank mate(s) that like to eat the stuff. I recommend adding a few guppies to your tank, feeder or fancy will do. Just be aware that they are live bearers and have a 28 day birthing cycle. The babies can lead to overstocking, however, if you do not wish to care for them, they will be quickly eaten up by your other fish.

All in all, I am very happy with this piece of driftwood.

**If you have a shorter tank like a 20 gallon long, be sure to email the seller and ask questions about dimensions. Otherwise you might end up with a piece of driftwood that is too tall for you tank.**

I received this item very quickly. It is about 18 inches long and 12 inches at its widest. The one I received does not look like the one in the picture. I prefer the one I got over the one in the picture. It is made from a very good quality piece of wood. It is dense and light brown in color with several holes and protruding edges. This piece of driftwood looks natural except for the part that was cut from the main piece. The cut offers and unique look into the dark, dense, and almost petrified interior of this piece. I took off one star because this was literally put into a box with no packaging, thankfully it is a very sturdy piece of wood.

Buy Malaysian Driftwood, Large Now

I ordered this item knowing that the product I received would not be identical to the one in the picture. I absolutely love the piece I received! I soaked it in hot water for about an hour to remove some of the tannins and placed it in my tank during a water change. My tiger barbs and various loach species absolutely love dancing around the driftwood. They weave above and below the branches and seem so much happier with a more natural piece of aquarium decor.

The price is exceptional for the item received and I would recommend it to anyone!

Read Best Reviews of Malaysian Driftwood, Large Here

I got a piece for a gift from the wife and she thought she was getting the one in the picture. She was worried when it came and thats not what she got but when she gave it to me i told her i loved it. I can stand it up multiple ways since it has mutiple legs. Will order again if i dont find any good pieces while fishing this coming year...

Want Malaysian Driftwood, Large Discount?

I love the wood looks so perfect in my aquarium, but there was a LOT of tannins, that stuff that makes ur aquarium tea-colored.I had to keep my driftwood soaking,too big to boil,for a whole month long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment