Hagen Fluval LED Strip Aquarium Light

Hagen Fluval LED Strip Aquarium Light, 48-InchI bought this at my local Petco for a Fluval Spec V to replace the pee poor lighting included in Fluval's Spec V kit. It's a perfect fit after you jimmy off the Spec V's pee poor lamp's holder .

This lamp is not toy LED's as I found with the Spec V . It's very well made and the light output is not going to take your tank to a high light C02 fed daily mess of never ending fussing but will let you grow low light plants for sure. Fluval claims 7500K but to my eye looks like 1800k + .

I like that the unit's LED's are covered with a splash plate , many LED's are open and well on an open tank this can be a problem.

Heads up AMAZON it was cheaper at my local PetCo with TAX ! I love you Amazon but keep up with what crap sells for.

Need to add the rests for the end of the lamp are not clear as in the PIC but black. NO PROB for me but ADA people may not like it !

I have been a tropical fish hobbyist since the early 1980's. I keep strictly fresh water tanks and now I currently have a 265 gallon setup with african cichlids. Not having live plants and not needing any special lighting requirements for coral, etc.., I just wanted an led fixture to brighten up the tank. I already had two six foot flourescent fixtures with four bulbs in each fixture. I was able to see all the fish but the color of the fish especially the irredescence did not show up like I knew it could. So, rather than spend a ton of money, I thought I would try one of these fixtures and if it worked, then I could buy more. When I put this on top of the glass strip which runs along the top of the tank, I could not believe how much brighter the fish looked and how much nicer everything looked with this little 36 inch fixture. I am going to immediately order another to put alongside the one I have. this way i will cover six feet of the seven which is the width of the tank. The 265 gallon tank is over two feet deep so I need something to reach the bottom. It does this pretty well also. Even my wife who really does not bother with the fish said "WOW" I got a real nice piece of lighting equipment and am really happy with it. It has plastic brackets on the side which slide out but i have no use for them. It is ultra slim and low profile which is real nice. I have a canopy on my tank which covers the entire top including all the lighting fixtures and makes it look more like a piece of furniture. I would highly recomend this light to anyone thinking about getting one.

Buy Hagen Fluval LED Strip Aquarium Light Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment