Aqueon Full-Spectrum Daylight T8 Fluorescent Lamp

Aqueon 65356 18-Inch Full-Spectrum Daylight T8 Fluorescent Lamp, 15-WattThis Aqueon 8000K bulb is a standard offering in many aquarium kits that include a hood and bulb. They are available in several lengths. I am reviewing the 48" bulb.

We have four very colorful Shubunkin goldfish. When they were small, we had them in a standard 55-gallon aquarium that came equipped with the 8000K Aqueon bulbs. The tank had a dark navy blue background. The Aqueon 8000K bulbs were perfect for the combinations of colors in the fish (orange, brown, blue, silver, and white) as well as the dark solid color background. In fact, the colors of these fish were pleasingly vivid under this light.

After a year, the fish were getting too large for the 55-gallon tank, so we moved to a 120-gallon. I purchased a custom-made hood with a pair of HO T5 bulbs, one at 6500K, the other at 10,000K, because an 8000K bulb was not available in a T5. The T5 bulbs were extremely bright and lit the tank to the point I thought I'd have to buy sunglasses for the fish. Algae growth increased dramatically. The new lights also imparted a greenish cast to the navy blue background. And, the HO ballasts emitted a lot of heat.

I purchased a different hood that held a pair of T8 bulbs, trying several different combinations from ZooMed. It was amasing how slightly different C/T bulbs affected the colors of the fish, gravel, and background. Bulbs at 6500K literally turned the fishes' colors from vivid to very washed-out. I ultimately went back to the Aqueon 8000K bulb for the main light, and used a Zoo Med Coral Sun Actinic 420 Coral Bulb T8 32 Watts, 48-Inch in the second slot. Together, the 8K Aqueon and the Coral Sun Actinic 420 provide a very pleasing level of color and intensity of light to the 120-gallon tank. At night, shutting off the Aqueon and leaving the Coral Sun Actinic on by itself, lends a cool "moonlight glow" to the tank.

From my experience, I've learned that manufacturer's stated color/temperature ratings can vary quite a bit. Finding a bulb (or bulbs) that provide a pleasing level of color and intensity may require some trial and error.

If you have a tank with live plants, the Aqueon 8000K bulb may not provide the correct spectrum or intensity of light. We had a few plants in our tank, but the fish ate them almost as fast as we could replace them, so I can't report on how well the Aqueon bulbs will support a planted tank. YMMV.

Finally, we have been using the Aqueon 8000K bulbs in our tanks for over two years. We've never had a failure or problem with them.

The product is great.... HOWEVER, it does not give off the same light as my other three.

YES, I ordered the right bulb. Exactly the same information.

18inch, Full Spectrum Daylight 15 watt

Well, my advice is when ording, if you have two or more bulbs in you aquarium oe two or more aquariums, ORDER A COMPLETE CHANGE OF ALL THE BULBS or order spares at the same time you order the originals so that you will have a few spares on hand for when they go out.......

Buy Aqueon Full-Spectrum Daylight T8 Fluorescent Lamp Now

Gives my aquarium a good bright appearance. The old bulb had a greenish appearance, not so with this one. Excellent price.

Read Best Reviews of Aqueon Full-Spectrum Daylight T8 Fluorescent Lamp Here

the description is wrong.. its a extra yellow light which makes the water go green... and greens lose their contrast with surrounding.

my previous T8 was looked way better. i didn't see any difference in plant growth as well..

Want Aqueon Full-Spectrum Daylight T8 Fluorescent Lamp Discount?

I have a fresh water tank. These bulbs give that beautiful glow that everyone asks if its a saltwater tank.

0 comments:

Post a Comment