Fluval FX5 Fine Filter Polishing Pad - 3-Pack

Fluval FX5 Fine Filter Polishing Pad - 3-PackI've found the white polishing pad to be more commonly available locally, but have read various reports of those clogging up very quickly, a few days.

I have my FX5 in a 120G tank w/ 2 RES turtles, and about 30 small fish. It's doing the job VERY well, and I find that one of these blue pads above the BioMax is keeping the water clean, and catching plenty of fine material w/o clogging up TOO quickly. I'm replacing it about monthly, but given the stocking level of my tank, and the fact that there's TURTLES, I'm MORE than pleased with these!

Works great for my fx5. Never had any issues. Have been using these since I've had my filter.

I would reccomend this to any one.

Buy Fluval FX5 Fine Filter Polishing Pad - 3-Pack Now

I know the directions say to put these on the bottom basket, I found they clog in about a week if you put them there. I have a 240g with 25 2"-4" community fish, a pleco and a fire eel. Three won't fill the basket as they are meant to be used with the water pads. I notice some people try putting one over a bio basket, another or floss, etc. and get the same filtration with less clogging. You'll know when it clogs because your flow goes to nothing. The best results I've had is with floss only on the top basket , bio (Fluval brand) on the bottom two baskets. And maybe this is wrong to do but it works.

Read Best Reviews of Fluval FX5 Fine Filter Polishing Pad - 3-Pack Here

These filter pads really do the job. they pick up most of the food or poop left behind. love it

Want Fluval FX5 Fine Filter Polishing Pad - 3-Pack Discount?

These work wonderfully in the Fluval FX5 a long time ehiem fan for over 35 years I've been using these filters for larger tanks (up to 300 gal.) in pairs and they're incredibly effective especially for messy fish. Of course, nothing "polishes" the water like a Vortex Diatom Filter which can filter out debris and pathogens down to one micron in size but these are supplementary filters meant only to be used once in a while.

These pads although not as effective will remove particles down to about 10 microns. I run four FX5's and replace these about every 60 days. Like the white foam which is for coarser debris it's imperative to replace them or your GPH will suffer and the re direction of water flow not being able to pass through can result in ahigher degree of bypass an inherant problem with the FX5's in general.

These do keep your water on the pristine side and the value on Amazon is excellent.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment