Fish Mate 2000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter

Fish Mate 2000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond FilterSo this fishmate pressurized filter burst on me after a few months. Have been using it with a 800 gallon per/hour pump from the beginning. The video shows my dead koi, and after about 1 minute in, you can see the actual busted filter with water streaming out. Heartbreaking. I'm staying from Fishmate products in the future. Sure, Sunterra's are not so innovative, but they wont crack open, drain your pond and kill all your hard bred Koi.

For two years, I've struggled to keep my 1,300 gallon pond algy free and clear since it gets a lot of direct sun light and has 6-12 gold fish (depending on the last visit from the racoons). In two weeks this filter made crystal clear the pond that was slightly clearer than fat free milk.

I also bought the Fish Mate 4000 Pond Pump 1000 gph which is just fair. It makes a very noticeable humming/vibrating sound and the flow is not as strong as I'd hoped after the filter was attached.

Buy Fish Mate 2000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Now

After my old canister filter died, I started looking for a new filter for my 75 gallon tank. I have some great big old goldfish and they are messy.

Over the years, I've discovered that pond equipment is generaly cheaper, better designed, and more rugged than aquarium equipment. This filter is no exception. Since it's pressurized, it can go below your tank. I added a Little Giant 1000gph pump and some simple plumbing with 3/4" flex tubing and some valves (all from your local big box store) and I was good to go.

The backwash feature is GREAT. You don't need to tear the whole filter apart to clean it. You can just backwash the muck out into a bucket. The way it works is kind of silly the filter comes with a screw-on cap to keep over the backwash port. Even when not in backwash mode, water will come out of that port without the cap on. I just permantently attached a 3' piece of hose with a valve at the end. When I backwash, I can just open that valve and let the muck run into my bucket.

The other thing I did was to intall a T and a valve in between the pump and the filter. I put a quick-disconnect garden hose connection on there and I can use a garden hose running over to the sink to drain and refill the tank. The pump pushes water out to the sink and I can use the water pressure in the house to reverse the flow and refill the tank. No buckets!

After a month, the tank is crystal clear and I'm just thrilled with the filtration capacity of this unit.

Read Best Reviews of Fish Mate 2000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Here

We purchased this pond filter in late 2008, and as of two years later it has just simply stopped working. We fortunately did not have the same issue as previous reviewers (cracks which lead to draining of the pond), but overall this unit is not worth the money. For $200+, you can most likely find a better filter that will last more than 2 years.

Want Fish Mate 2000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Discount?

After one night water started clearing. After just one week completely cleared a 1600 gal. pond. I like this filter because its self cleaning and very easy to set up and most important it works. (And our pond was pea soup green.)

Great product!

Save 49% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment