Marina Betta Kit, Large

Marina Betta Kit Contemporary Theme, LargeI just bought this betta kit. I realized after I got my betta that all of the plastic sides are reflective. He sees a perfect reflection of himself and becomes angry and agitated, as male bettas do when they see another betta. I think this was a poor design as he is continuously trying to scare off his reflection and seems very agitated. I will be buying a new container for him tomorrow. I am not impressed.

No complaints here...great design. I use this for about 5 shrimp and some java fern. It's been 2 months and they seem to be flourishing...

Buy Marina Betta Kit, Large Now

Well, I've heard success stories about bettas in small tanks, but after my last two I have to say... get a bigger tank. Treat the fish like an actual pet and get it what it deserves. I feel bad because I've had two fish die and now I realize why. I changed the water every week and fed them the best food. The problem is that bettas in bigger tanks have less ammonia and nitrites to deal with. A small betta in a small tank seems to do okay because they are hardy fish, but just wait. The first fish... ugh, I can't talk about what happened, it was gross. So I went all out for the second one. Bought the pre-conditioned Betta water, got a different tank because I wasn't sure the whatever it was that killed the last betta was completely dead, and picked out a young, healthy veil tail betta. It lived for eight months and died. Meanwhile, my boyfriend bought a betta THE SAME DAY, FROM THE SAME STORE that I got my first betta only he did not get this tank, he got a 3 gallon kritter keeper and a heater and some decor. He spent more than I did that day, but his fish is still alive.

If they just made these tanks 2.5-5 gallons they'd be great! If they installed heaters in them they'd be perfect... but really people, just use this tank when you're changing the water in your real tank. Amazon has a great 5-gallon by aqueon. It even has a filter. Just baffle the filter and put a pre-filter sponge on it, add a heater and you'll be good to go. That's what I've done now. I god some black sand, large river rocks, an amazon sword, java moss, and some drift wood... my tank looks beautiful and my new betta LOVES it. I only have to change 20% of the water since I cycled the tank, and I have a ghost shrimp to help keep the sand clean AND some neon tetras with the betta. It's much more peaceful, but if you want decor, try a 3-gal vase with crystal rocks and some bamboo or a plant. As for heat, they are tropical fish and do best in warm water, but if you keep your house warm, then you should be fine without a heater.

Read Best Reviews of Marina Betta Kit, Large Here

I bought this tank because it was pretty and simple, and my son desperately wanted a Betta. That poor fish is visibly miserable. This tank is tiny. The lack of any filtration combined with such a small tank leads to cloudy water after only a few days, and even though bettas are dirty water fish, this is just sad.

I'm giving in after only a few weeks and investing in an actual aquarium.

I would give this 0 stars if I could. They should be more honest when they sell these things and tell you that fish need more room than this.

(I did not buy this tank on Amazon, I bought it at our local Pet store.)

Want Marina Betta Kit, Large Discount?

really poorly made. bad for the fish; bad for the quality of the material it's made out of; just bad bad bad

would give zero stars if possible

had to replace my 3 gal tank due to an accident; bought this kit for temporary set-up while I waited for a new 5 gal tank to ship to me

yes I did all the right things about conditioning the water and changing only a portion of it as usual, etc, etc, etc

but terrible tiny size with no room for filter; betta stopped eating immediately

by day 4 it was barely moving; day 5 bye bye betta.

because you should only provide your betta a decent 3 gal+ tank: it is alive -an animal not decor

Save 50% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment