Green Element EVO 48"-52" LED Aquarium Light Fixture - Reef Capable 32x3W

Green Element EVO 48'-52' LED Aquarium Light Fixture - Reef Capable 32x3WI did a little shopping around to figure out what type of light fixture to get, as my compact flourescent hood ballasts started failing prematurely. Apparently, LEDs are the latest and greatest.

I was leery of this one because there were no product reviews yet. So here is mine.

I saw complaints on other models about the LEDs being too directional...in other words, they shine down directly and don't illuminate the areas either in the front or back of the tank, or both. This doesn't seem to be the case with this lighting fixture. It is very bright and appears to cover the entire floor of the tank. This is a 60 gallon acrylic tank. Perhaps with wider tanks, this could be a problem--I can't say. But it fits the bill for a 60 gallon tank (which is basically a taller 55-gallon tank).

There is one power cord, so you couldn't use separate timers for the actinic and daylight bulbs. However, there is a 3-function switch:

1.) All lights off

2.) Daylight/actinic on

3.) Actinic only on

I snapped some pictures with my cell phone, and they don't really reflect how vibrant the tank looks with this lighting fixture in place. I may post some at a later date or try to take better pictures.

I realized when I opened the box that the mounting brackets were installed upside down. They slide out easily enough so you can reorient them properly before setting this on your tank. Perhaps this is done for packaging/shipping reasons. I don't think the instructions mention this, but I only skimmed them because I was anxious to see this baby installed.

It appears to be an excellent fixture, although I've only had it installed for less than 24 hours. I will update this review if the reliability becomes an issue, as it did with my previous compact flourescent fixture that failed fairly quickly.

Currently, I am running a fish-only saltwater tank (with a smattering of invertebrates), so I can't comment on whether or not this thing is appropriate for corals, etc.

Got these in 4 days so very happy. Currently running a 150 gallon standard 72" long x18" wide x 30" tall FOWLR (fish only with live rock). Got tired of t5 HO with old bulbs that grow algae so decided on these LEDs to give it a try.. Bought two of these lights because I'm having a 10' x20"x24" tank built and wanted to test these first on the 150g with a 6 foot long foot print to see if there are any shadow areas.

Light output is great, I wanted it white and bright look and that is what I got. Back and front both well lit with no dark corners. Sides, left and right of the light is dark but not the lights fault. I raised them about 10 inches of the top of the tank and it helps a bit but still dark corners. I have some fish and inverts that actually prefer it not so bright so they've kinda migrated and I don't mind the look.

Overall I think it's the best bang for your buck.

32LEDs @ 3watts ea =96watts

10000k bright white

No other strip I've researched has same output for this price

I like that the sliding legs on the sides come out and can be turned upside down so I can hang the light from the canopy simply with self tapping little hooks.

The lights are cool, but the top part runs pretty hot, almost too hot to touch.

Connections are excellent with plenty of length and can be secured tightly to each other.

Initially thought only white or only blue were on but then realized that all are on at the same time and if you switch (manually) the white ones basically turn off and only the blue ones stay on (I think) it looks like the blue alone are way brighter if on alone than when both are supposed to be on. Maybe it's just the 10000k whites taking over.

Like other reviews only real issue is that you can only have one setting on timer, but knew this going in so can't complain about it.

Buy Green Element EVO 48"-52" LED Aquarium Light Fixture - Reef Capable 32x3W Now

I shopped around a lot before buying this lamp for my 75G reef tank.

I have had it for a month and so far, I am very happy.

The tank looks great with it, lots of light and the blue lights makes an amazing moon effect.

Pros:

-Great day light and moon loght effect

-stays cool

-Nice design with quality materials

Cons:

No timer (but for this price, we can not ask for too much either)

Very happy with this purchase and if you are looking for a solid high quality coral lamp for a good price, this is the way to go.

I would definitely recommend it. This is the brand I wil buy from now on

Read Best Reviews of Green Element EVO 48"-52" LED Aquarium Light Fixture - Reef Capable 32x3W Here

I put this on my 60 and 80 gallon reef tanks. For the 60 gallon it is bright with lots of shimmer. One will be enough to give any 60 gallon a professional look. Very diffuse light. These are 3 watt LEDs. Compared to the marineland, the Reef Evo will have more power or brightness. The marinelands are using only 1'watt LEDs. It's also half the price of a marineland. Just plug into a timer switch and you're set.

For my 80 gallon reef tank, since its 6 inches deeper than my 60, 1 Reef Evo may not be bright enough. You may want a quad (4 row led) reef evo. But since I already had a panorama marine pro led, adding this gave my 80 perfect lighting. I'm using this combo to grow SPS corals too. So for any tank above 60 gallons you may want a quad led or have additonal lights if,purchasing this product. I'm giving it 5 stars because I knew what I was getting for my 60 gallon reef tank.

Want Green Element EVO 48"-52" LED Aquarium Light Fixture - Reef Capable 32x3W Discount?

I have a large reef tank. I used Metal Hallide, then Power Compact, then T5 bulbs..then now using these LEDs! Why? Because PG&E "encouraged" me to use less energy (used too much compared to my neighbors)

I have only soft corals, I have bought the 36x1W LED light fixture before and it does not provide enough light!

I bought this light fixture on April 18, so it has been 2 months. It has 32x3w bulbs. The first day I did not like it much since it seems too dark, but the next day, after my eyes adjusted to the new light, I love it! The beam go straight down on the rocks, not shed out at all, so it makes the whole tank stand out from the dark environment. The blue light painted on the rocks blue color make them look fancy! The fish love it too, they are calmer and swim slower. The corals, surprisingly open wider and reach out more (the mushroom corals). I saved much energy by using 96w/hr now instead of 320w/hr as before, and the soft corals still thrill! So you can use this light for fresh water or salt water (for soft corals). Have fun!

Save 26% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment