TOM Stellar Air Pump S-20 - 20gal to 30gal tank

TOM Stellar Air Pump S-20 - 20gal to 30gal tankSo far I've been very pleased with this pump. I've had it for about a week now. After reading complaints about the Tetra Whisper pumps dieing prematurely I decided to give this one a try. Only time will tell, but the construction seems solid. And, the price at least when I bought it was very reasonable and eligible for prime shipping.

All air pumps make noise, but the volume from this seems plenty reasonable. I hid mine in a wicker basket under my tank and that seems to almost completely mask any noise. This pump did not come with any other accessories like a t fitting to split the air into multiple hoses, or a check valve to make sure water doesn't back flow into the pump. I already had these so it wasn't an issue for me.

Many people don't know but the rubber diaphragms eventually always wear out in any air pump. So, we will see how long these last, they do list the part number on the packaging for replacing them when they wear out. But, I suspect with shipping that they will cost as much as a new pump since the pump is so inexpensive and eligible for prime shipping.

My goal is to get at least a year of use out of this pump before the diaphragms need replacing. In my mind that's a reasonable amount of time for a pump in this price range. If it dies before a year is out I'll come back and update this post, if there are no updates then it means my pump lasted at least a year!

For an inexpensive air pump this one does a good job. It is fairly quiet, though I have had better. Puts out plenty of air through my 2" bubble disk.

Buy TOM Stellar Air Pump S-20 - 20gal to 30gal tank Now

I was looking for a replacment to my Tetra Whisper (Tetra 77851 Whisper Air Pump, 10-Gallon) reading a review that this product (TOM Stellar Air Pump S-20 20gal) is the most quiet among the many the reviewer has experienced. By far, this pump vibrated on top of my tank despite putting a damper under its feet. The sound is just too annoying. I then tried a Rena (Rena 702A Model 50 Air Pump by Mars but they're both so noisy I went back to ordering the Tetra Whisper. For the time and effort to return these 2 items, it was better for me to throw them out to garbage.

Read Best Reviews of TOM Stellar Air Pump S-20 - 20gal to 30gal tank Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment