Fish Mate 3000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter

Fish Mate 3000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond FilterIt took me about 6 months to actually get around to installing this in our pond, mostly because I was redoing the waterfall but I'm also quite lazy.

Previously I had tried using a 200 gallon gravity filter, media filtration, and a skimmer/pump combo. In all cases there was little improvement on algae blossoms, mosquito larvae, and water quality. After talking to a local shop, I sought out this specific filter because they had a lot of success with a showcase koi pond located behind the store.

After reading the relatively detailed instructions and following the advice of pond enthusiasts, installation took about 4 hours due to the rocky soil (it doesn't have to be in the soil but can sit flush). Since filtration efforts had been miserable failures prior to this, my hopes were high but my expectations sat far lower, so I plugged it in and went about my business.

Two weeks to the day, my pond is clear enough to make out fine details along the bottom; including areas where green frogs have burrowed into the muck. Not only is the pond clear enough to make out fine details, I finally discovered where a slow leak was coming from (liner is sinking). As a final reward, of sorts anyway, there was also a revelation in finding two long forgotten lawn ornaments, a bunch of toys tossed in long ago by my daughter or her friends, and the skeletal remains of a cat.

I will have to wait until spring and summer to see how well the UV works on controlling algae at peak levels of sunshine and mosquito larvae but with the rapid development of clarity I am feeling confident that we'll be able to maintain good water quality. Highly recommend this filter!

This device does keep the water clean. However, it is made of cheap, brittle plastic that is prone to failure. In one year, I've had three different "Tanks" which have all failed in various ways (a crack, another crack, and a complete 0-ring seal surface failure). The clean-out valve has also failed, resulting in most of the pond water being pumped out. The manufacturer has so far replaced the parts, but their customer support staff treats you like a criminal when you call, implying that you have done something wrong with the product. What is there to do wrong? It is backwashed every week. The pump can not supply enough pressure to exceed the rating of the device.

Buy Fish Mate 3000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Now

Look, a person can go broke by owning a pond with all the chemicals and media filtration and more chemicals. All the pond places recommend these expensive "mercedes benz" units (that cost $1000 more than this fishmate) to do the job of this fishmate. I have learned to get the advice of other water gardeners on Daves Garden and quite a few of them were already using this and highly recommended it! Some of these people owned other units prior that cost A LOT more but weren't as easy to clean.

I bought this Fishmate because I was having a lot of health problems with my koi. I have an extensive waterfall filtration system and a turnover rate in my 2000 gallon pond of 2.5 times an hour yet my fish were always sick with something or another. I was also struggling with suspended algae. The UV light cleared the water within 24 hours. My pond wasn't as dirty as the other reviewer with the toys and dead cat in his pond... (?) but it wasn't crystal clear like it is now. Also, I am happy to say the fish are healthier!!!

It took me about 35 minutes to assemble it. That is only because I had to measure tubes and trim them and read the instructions. It really was a no brainer! If I had to set one up now after doing the first it would probably take me 10 minutes.

Another great tip I recvd from other water gardeners is to dig a hole in the ground and fit it with a large enough bucket or similar walled container with the bottom cut out. Place the Fishmate into the hole and landscape. I used a bucket and it works great! The reason for the bucket is to keep the walls of the ground from caving in on the canister. You can drain the muck our right into this bottomless muck pit.

BTW: I bought my Fishmate 3 months ago. Buy all the hoses and clips all at the same time and you can get it up and running ASAP.

Read Best Reviews of Fish Mate 3000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Here

Forget the chemicals. I could have purchased two of these units with the money I spent on algae kill in the last three years. My water (2500 gallons) is crystal clear even in the hot summer with full sun and several fish. Even the smell of dead, rotting algae is gone. The unit was easy to install and there have not been any leaks or problems. Even my fish are happier. I don't think they ever liked those chemicals. After adding chemicals they wouldn't eat for several days.

Want Fish Mate 3000PUV Pressurized UV+Bio Pond Filter Discount?

We have had one of these filters for about 6 yrs now. Our first one died last year and we were waiting till spring to replace it. We waited just a few weeks too long before we had a full algae bloom. I ordered the filter on Thursday and when we came home from work on Friday, our pond looked like green pea soup. The filter came on Saturday and I was afraid that the algae had already gotten out of control and it would take weeks to get the water clean again. We installed the filter late Saturday afternoon and when we got up Sunday morning there was such a big improvement already. Within 24 hrs the water is almost crystal clear and the fish seem happy that no chemicals were used. I highly recommend this product.

Save 48% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment