Aquatic Life Light T5 HO 2-Lamp Link Fresh Aquarium Light, 36-Inch

Aquatic Life Light T5 HO 2-Lamp Link Fresh Aquarium Light, 36-InchBought these from a different store and without the electronic timer built into the light. I have one of those power center strips with timers that automatically control the light periods so I didn't need timers on the lights for a freshwater tank. I have had these lights for almost two years. I have a 45 gallon planted tank with Fluval Stratum and CO2. These really put out a lot of light I have two lamps which means 4 x 39 watts over 45 gallons. I swapped out the light bulbs for Geisemann bulbs based on feedback from some planted tank online forums. The lights work well if I could have afforded it two years ago, I would have gone LED however. Couple of things to note the lights sit low over the top of the tank. You really cannot fit two banks of lights with a Marineland dual power wheel filter because the lights will hit the top of the filter. There is not much clearance between the top of the tank and the lights so if you're like me and stick your hands in the tank frequently to drop in vegetable foods, move around plants, trim plants, etc. you can barely get your hand under the lights and in the tank. Ditto for trying to fit a gravel suction cleaner in the tank. For those tasks, it's easier just to temporarily move the lights off the tank. Also, my glass cover on the tank is no longer able to flip upso I removed the hinge and now just lift off the glass section to feed the fish. The lights also get hot (even though they are fluorescent) so if you're sticking your hands in the tank, you will get close to the hot bulbs and you'll feel the heat. Not enough to burn your arm but it's still very warm. Like the look of the lights, performance has been excellent my plants grow like crazy (helps to have CO2). Been happy with these.

I have a 180 gallon tank that is 24" deep, and this light has just the right brightness for my plants to thrive, and to light up the tank properly for viewing. I have a glass top, so I just rest the light directly on the canopy, and I haven't had any issues with heat.

Buy Aquatic Life Light T5 HO 2-Lamp Link Fresh Aquarium Light, 36-Inch Now

I've owned this item for a few months now and have absolutely no complaints at all. It fires up quickly, lights the tank well and has more than doubled the plant growth in my tank. I wasn't sure if I'd like the roseate bulb, but I've been pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure if I'll replace it with another roseate when it dies yet, but so far I can say that I notice a difference in the coloring of the fish from the bulb. Much brighter reds/oranges. I cannot rate its impact on plant growth, however, as this is my first planted tank and therefore I have no experience with other bulbs.

Item was shipped far better than expected it was VERY well wrapped and VERY well protected. Pretty sure I could have thrown the box down the stairs three or four times without any issues.

A great item from a great seller, buy with confidence!

Read Best Reviews of Aquatic Life Light T5 HO 2-Lamp Link Fresh Aquarium Light, 36-Inch Here

Finally upgraded and bought my second light fixture. The main reason for me buying this brand is because of the ability to link up to three fixtures. Linking the two fixtures wasn't that easy though. It was very hard to line up the screws took me a hr to get things up and rolling. Other than that they work perfectly. They do not get hot and the bulbs that come with them is bright and grows my plants beautifully. I have them set up on timers the front two bulbs are on for three hrs. Then all four bulbs are on for two hrs and the front two bulbs are on for three.

Want Aquatic Life Light T5 HO 2-Lamp Link Fresh Aquarium Light, 36-Inch Discount?

Love this light, but they didn't include instructions with it to explain how to put the brackets on. Let me help you with that...first you must remove the side panel (unscrew several small screws) and a small metal bar (remove screws) that is immediately within it, then slide the legs on into the grove and screw those parts back on. Also, once the end cap is off, you can remove the plexiglass and must remove a thin sheet of protective plastic wrap from both sides. Other than that, this product is really nice. I'm using it for a freshwater planted tank, without issues...

Save 12% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment