Finnex Pure-5 Power Aquarium Filter

Finnex Pure-5 Power Aquarium FilterI am using these on two Fluval EBI tanks (along with zoo-med 501 canisters). They work well, but because of their small size they need maintenance weekly. I am using the Fluval edge pre-filters zip tied on the intake of these filters to keep them from sucking up baby crystal shrimp.

I am happy with the filters, not happy with the cost of the replacement filter media. I am cutting carbon coated filter floss pad to fit inside them instead of spending over $15 with shipping for 10 filter inserts.

this is a very small filter. it moves about the same amount of water as a sponge filter. recommended for 5 gal tanks, and that is an accurate recommendation.

pros:

small, and attractive.

tight construction, the lid fits tight and the filter fits tightly onto the side (or back) of the tank

electric component sits outside the tank, under the filter

cons:

small. low water flow, small filter media area. if you have anything much larger than a 5 gal tank or many fish this will not be enough.

not silent it is very quiet, but it hums a tiny bit.

sponge sits right against filter media, making removing or placing the filter cartridge without disturbing the sponge very difficult.

filter cartridge is flimsy, so it is likely to not last through many cleanings before needing replacement.

Buy Finnex Pure-5 Power Aquarium Filter Now

Amazing quality for the price. This filter came with my original 4gal pico tank. I didn't even take the filter out the box for 3 weeks because I've never had a small pump device that I thought was worth a flip. Well now I'm eating crow because this filter runs like a dream sturdy, efficient and wonderfully quiet. I recommend to anyone with a small aquarium setup.

Read Best Reviews of Finnex Pure-5 Power Aquarium Filter Here

in a 10gal tank this little thing was pumping!!! I had to turn the dial to half to not cause it to push everything around. Amazing little filter for the price. You could also add biomax noodles to increase filtration as well as any foam pads. I love it.

Want Finnex Pure-5 Power Aquarium Filter Discount?

This product is perfect for nano tanks, small, transparent and quiet. It looks good on my 2.5g & 4g tanks. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment