TOM Aquarium Auto Fill System stand-alone, connect 3/4 bulk head

TOM Aquarium Auto Fill System stand-alone, connect 3/4 bulk headI have a 100-gallon marine tank that had a lot of evaporation, making it difficult to be away from home for any length of time. This "reserve" tank keeps the pump from running dry. I only wish you could daisy chain multiple reserves for long vacations. (Friends are happy to stop by and feed the fish, but they don't want to lug water bottles around.)

Update, 3-11-2012: I had been carrying the tank around by its "feet" when I refill it--don't do it. It cracked around the screw hole and now leaks. It still works, but I can't turn it over until I get it into the reservoir, because it leaks. I tried sealing it, but it didn't work.

So far I haven't been able to get it to work. There aren't any helpful hints or handy tips to guide me. I have the tank set up with valves open but none of the water gets used when needed.. The water level in the auto fill system does rise when I turn off my sump filter so I know there is not an obstruction. I am going to try raising the elevation of the auto fill tank next. In theory, gravity will have a better chance then as right now the sump and auto fill are about even with each other on elevation. If it works, it will be great!

Buy TOM Aquarium Auto Fill System stand-alone, connect 3/4 bulk head Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment