Aquatop D2HT-200 Aquarium Heater Digital Dual Display, 200-Watt

Aquatop D2HT-200 Aquarium Heater Digital Dual Display, 200-WattI purchased this heater in August of this year. I got home this evening to find the fish in our 55g aquarium acting sluggish. A peak at the thermometer shows 68 degrees F (normal temp is 79). The lights were all off on this heater. I checked to be certain it was plugged in. It was. I tried a different outlet and it came on for about 2 seconds and went back off.

I took it to the sink where I submersed it again, and then plugged it up. It came on and began heating. I let it go for about 10 minutes and it was still working. I just put it back in my aquarium and it appears to be working again. But gee what if I had not looked closely at the tank? I'm about to head out of town and don't think I can trust this thing. Arrrgghh.

My fish had a case of ick so i needed to raise my water temp to 82.My other heater wouldnt heat past 77.Ordered this heater and put it in and in 3 hrs i had 82 degree water.I am going to replace my other aquarium heaters with these in case i need to raise water temp on those some day.Yes they do vary in temp a couple degrees but that is not near enough difference to harm the fish i keep.

Buy Aquatop D2HT-200 Aquarium Heater Digital Dual Display, 200-Watt Now

Good concept if heat worked more than 6 months. Bought 3 200 watt and 8 100 watt heaters all failed after 6 months of use. Breed Angels and can not depend on them. Start to flash 90 deg-water temp is really 68 will not reset even if unplugged and plugged back in. Sent 8 back to aqua-top still waiting to here back. Stick with old school ones. Had to replace all aqua-tops!!!!

Read Best Reviews of Aquatop D2HT-200 Aquarium Heater Digital Dual Display, 200-Watt Here

Programming the temperature on here was a snap, and considering that the tank sits right next to the door that we let the dog in and out from, and we're getting into the cold part of the midwest winter the fact that the temp never deviates from that 81 degrees has made keeping the aquarium a snap. Love it.

30 Gallon freshwater tank

Want Aquatop D2HT-200 Aquarium Heater Digital Dual Display, 200-Watt Discount?

I had mine for just under a year. I love the looks of this heater. The dual LED displays are great, and it has worked flawlessly up to today. I noticed condensation on the interior glass over the past few months. Today the heater shuts off (fuse?) after running a couple hours. I reset it by unplugging it and plugging it back in. Again a couple hours and it shuts off. It seems these heaters have some quality control issues. Shame because there is no other heater on the market that looks as cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment